With the exception of “guest posts” written by others (see the bottom of this page), I own the content on this website. It is copyrighted in my name. My desire is to align my objectives of distributing content widely, while at the same time protect my intellectual property rights. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© [year] Dr. Chip Valutis. All rights reserved. Originally published at valutis.com.”
Not Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content in for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
I don’t permit the re-posting of my content in it’s entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content because it often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I just don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I can’t serve as a broker, agent, or contact point for them.
If you have some other use for my content that is not covered here, please contact me.