What it is
Our assessment services explore and objectively measure the complexities of human beings as they fit within your organization. If finding great candidates were easy, you wouldn’t be reading this.
Everyone has different skills, abilities, strengths and weaknesses. In addition, we all have unique experiences and personalities. Research has shown that people with certain personality traits or tendencies are more inclined to be satisfied and better able to perform in certain types of careers and jobs. This means that certain aspects of personality can make a difference to person/job fit as well as employee satisfaction.
Why do it
- Cost savings: Save by hiring the right person the first time
- Time savings: Screen out unsuitable candidates earlier in the process in order to focus time on more suitable candidates
- Ensure objectivity: Assessments offer greater objectivity, reliability and validity than interviews alone
- Predict behavior: Assessments have the potential to predict future behavior, which may impact the job
- Better evaluate prospective employees or current employees being considered for promotion
- Highlight areas into which a manager should probe during the interview
- Identify “high-potential” candidates and place them on specialized career tracks
What we measure through testing
Knowledge, skills, abilities, aptitudes, values, personal characteristics
- Problem solving abilities
- General knowledge base and learning potential
- Critical thinking skills
- Sales aptitude and selling style
- Management potential and leadership style
- Customer service orientation
- Industrial skills and aptitudes
- Personality characteristics
- Specific work behavior and characteristics
What it includes
- A verbal discussion of your requirements;
- A customized battery of assessment inventories administered online or in person to your candidates;
- The option of candidate interview with our PhD consultant to add depth and perspective to the assessment;
- A verbal overview of the assessment results; this dynamic interchange allows us to work through your questions or concerns;
- A written report that is custom-dictated by our PhD psychologist, taking into consideration your organization’s unique needs and wants.
Levels of service
|Screening Assessment||Our standard selection service. We customize a battery of tests to efficiently assess the knowledge, skills and work-related characteristics of candidates. We provide in-depth verbal feedback as well as a summary report. A great way to objectively assess/compare your finalists.
|Screening with a “Fit” Interview||This service starts with all the benefits of a Screening Assessment, but is enhanced with a brief “getting to know you” interview by a consulting psychologist. This is ideal for adding depth and perspective to the test data and is valuable for gaining insight to the candidate’s potential “fit” within your culture. Feedback is provided both verbally and in a written summary report.
|In-Depth Assessment||Our most comprehensive service is the in-depth assessment. This involves a more extensive test battery and a comprehensive interview with a consulting psychologist. We probe into the candidate’s background as well as his/her unique qualifications for the job. Our verbal feedback session is comprehensive and filled with problem solving ideas as well as tips for follow-up interviews. In addition, we deliver a comprehensive written report giving insight into many job-related dimensions of the candidate.|
Interested in more information or a sample report? Contact us to get started.